News & Tips
May Existing-Home Sales Up 1.8%
Released on 6/22/2016 by The National Association of REALTORS –
General Home Safety
The following home safety tips can help keep you and your loved ones safe:
- Consider a medical alert or a buddy system.
- Keep a fire extinguisher and smoke detector on every floor.
- Never smoke when alone or in bed.
- Always get up slowly after sitting or lying down. Take your time, and make sure you have your balance.
- Wear proper fitting shoes with low heels.
- Use a correctly measured walking aid.
- Remove or tack down all scatter rugs.
- Remove electrical or telephone cords from traffic areas.
- Avoid using slippery wax on floors.
- Wipe up spills promptly.
- Avoid standing on ladders or chairs.
- Have sturdy rails for all stairs inside and outside the house, or, if necessary, purchase a stairlift.
- Use only non-glare 100 watt or greater incandescent bulbs (or the fluorescent equivalents.)
- Make sure that all stair cases have good lighting with switches at top and bottom.
- Make sure that staircase steps should have a non-slip surface.
-Safety tips provided by www.aplaceformom.com